Monday, March 15, 2010

Dinner for Two

Made this delicious meal several weeks ago...Pork chops with sauteed mushrooms, roasted carrots and green beans, and sliced tomato salad. It was so fresh and tasty!I started with four chops...I like the simplicity of seasoning with salt and pepper only for chops and steaks, so a sprinkle of salt and pepper on each side and these babies went in to the cast iron skillet to grill.
Then I sliced my carrots, tossed with olive oil and sea salt...
and roasted in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. These come out sweet and crunchy on the edges...the only way to cook carrots in my opinion.
I then sliced the mushrooms and minced some garlic (in the background)...
I sauteed the green beans and garlic in olive oil until tender and the mushrooms in butter until fragrant and golden brown.
Sliced fresh tomato with salt and pepper. The pure taste of the tomatoes was delish!
and Voila! a colorful, healthy and flavor-filled dinner. Too bad this doesn't happen every night!

No comments: