Thursday, June 4, 2009

Rhubarb Muffins

Tried these muffins a few Saturday mornings back. However, I am not posting the recipe because I did not care for the muffin base. I have discovered, though, that I really like rhubarb. It is a tart and crisp, celery-like plant, but it is bright red. When used in baked goods, it adds a crisp and fresh taste, which I appreciate.

I am going to try using rhubarb in muffins again, but I might also add strawberries, and I will be using a muffin recipe I know to be moist and tender. If you haven't tried rhubarb, you should buy some, chop it up and throw it in to your next batch of muffins!

1 comment:

Lea Wethington said...

Eva was looking at your blog with me. She said, will you make those....please mom...please. I looked into her precious little eyes and said, "No. You will have to ask Sara:)" Looks wonderful, I'm am sure they are wonderful....but you know me.