Friday, May 8, 2009

All Pretzelly

This was me last night...
Ha! Ha! I would have liked to have been her, alas, I was standing off to the side trying to clear my vision and prevent fainting, as I sweated my way through my first Bikram Yoga experience. Let me tell you, if you've never done all sorts of pretzel moves in a room heated above 100 degrees, you are in for an experience. The first smell to assault, yes assault, my nostrils when I walked through the door was old sweat. (You know, the smell when you find sweaty gym clothes in your back pack that have been there for several days). I persevered and eventually got used to the smell. I opened the yoga room door and immediately felt as if I were in a sauna. So I laid down on my towel to begin to acclimate myself. Shortly after I got situated on my mat, an older and quite hefty man, sporting a Speedo and nothing else came in and situated his mat in front of me. Shocked, I kept repeating to myself, "Divert the eyes...Divert the eyes!" Thankfully, the class started right away and I was soon focused on straining to see through the black spots that kept filling my vision and fighting off several episodes of serious lightheadedness. All that said, I am going back to the class. Afterwards, I felt very relaxed and am anxious to see more results the longer I go. Watch out, because soon I will be posting pictures of myself in this pose:

No comments: