Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Life

Went for a long walk today...taking in the spectacular beauty the Lord created today...Crystal blue skies, yellow daisies growing on the bank of a creek, the reds and oranges of fall trees. My heart was so full of the His goodness. Then this song came on my iPod:
Dream by: Pricilla Ahn
I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of a little home for me.
I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves,
and laughed in my pretty bed of green.
I had a dream That I could fly from the highest swing. I had a dream.
Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park,
I asked God who I'm supposed to be. The stars smiled down on me,
God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep.
I had a dream That I could fly from the highest tree. I had a dream.
Now I'm old and feeling grey. I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave.
I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing.
I had a dream.
*************************
I started thinking about my life and my dreams and how things have turned out. I have a fabulously beautiful life. My "little girl dreams" have been far exceeded. Sure days don't turn out how I want them to...someone doesn't show up for work, we can't find a kitchen for dunkluv, mr. sweet and I just argued about how to delegate our budget money. But do those things determine "my life?" No.
Freedom, Beauty, and Life are the banner over me, not Hardship, Despair and Discouragement. My marriage and frienships are full and rich and deep. My wonderful Father is ever gracious and tender with me, continually pursuing me. He is showing me who I am supposed to be, I am becoming that woman and I like her.
When I get to the end of my life I will say I lived it full and I lived it well.

No comments: