Thursday, February 23, 2012

Upholstery Class

This past summer, I found these two chairs at a garage sale and gave $10 for both. A girlfriend and I are now taking an upholstery class at our local community college.
My chairs were already stripped down, and this one still had the webbing in tact.

This one is taking a little more work, but I am making progress each week.

The webbing in place for the back of the chair. I put many, many, many staples in the chair, in order to insure that the webbing was stable.
The next week, I had to pull the better majority of those staples out, because I needed access to the back of the chair to tack the cotton batting down. Nice.
So this is where I am at this point...Next week I will start sewing my fabric and attaching it to the chair.

1 comment:

Katie and Mike said...

WOW, I am so impressed and excited to see the future stages of this process. I've always been curious about this process. Kudos to you for jumping in with both feet and wallet! Please post more about this as it progresses :0)