Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lemon Yogurt Cake

Okay, girls, this was seriously one of the easiest and most delicious snack cakes I have made in a while. It comes to us courtesy of Barefoot Contessa...LOVE, LOVE that woman! You can find the recipe here, but I have included some pics below of the process to get to the finished cake. Sifting the dry ingredients together. Grating the lemon zest and mixing the wet ingredients together. (If you don't have a Microplane grater [instrument with black handle above] and you use zests of any kind very regularly, I highly recommend one of these).

Combining dry and wet ingredients.
Oh, my helper found me...He makes this cake baking so much more interesting!
Panning up the batter.
Juicing the lemons for the glaze.
Dissolving the sugar in the lemon juice. This is later used as a glaze for the cake; a nice addition because my cake was a tad bit over baked therefore a little dry, but this glaze soaked in and really helped to moisten it.
Cooling cake.

And the piece I am about to devour! If you like the Lemon Pound Cake from Starbucks, this is so much tastier!

1 comment:

Lea Wethington said...

shocker...I do have a zester! Shocker...i have used it once and had it for about 4 years:) I'm making this cake. Jeremy will flip out! He loves lemon cake. Thanks for sharing. Pics of steps help too! Keep the recipes coming!! just no recipes with mayo, no seafood, and always include pis of august - that's the best part:)