Saturday, January 29, 2011

Granola...The Good Stuff

I have this granola canister that sits on my counter, and I love walking in to my kitchen and seeing it full of delicious granola. I have lately been on a kick of eating it for breakfast with vanilla yogurt; my own little parfait. So tasty!
Here is the recipe in case you want to fill your own granola jar...

4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
2 cups sliced almonds (or any other nut you prefer)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 cups small diced dried apricots (or another dried fruit of your choice)
1 cup raisins
1 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350. Toss the oats, coconut, and pecans together in a large bowl. Whisk together the oil and honey. Pour the liquids over the oat mix and stir with a wooden spoon until all the oats and nuts are coated. Pour onto a 13 x 18 x 1 inch sheet pan. Bake, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the mix turns a nice, even, golden brown, about 30 -40 minutes. Remove the granola from the oven and allow to cool, stirring occasionally. Add the dried fruit. Store cooled granola in an airtight container.
(courtesy of Ina Garten)

No comments: