Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Peach Jam

Last summer we had fresh peaches, and fresh peaches mean peach jam around my house. However, this summer I will not be canning due to the new little man soon to be joining us.

Homemade jam is fairly simple and so worth the effort! You will need mason jars with new lids, sugar, your fruit and several boxes of SURE-JEL (found in the canning section of the grocery store). The rest of the instructions are detailed on the sure-jel packet. If you decide to try it, just make sure you follow the directions to the T.

These were gems...so juicy and sweet!
Blanching the peaches in hot water...
After blanching them, I peel them. (The hot water makes the skins super soft and they slip right off). Then I slice the seed out and puree the peaches in my food processor. I then proceed to cook the puree according to the sure-jel instructions.
Cooking the sweet yumminess...

And the finished product...
Grab yourself some fresh or frozen fruit and a box of Sure-Gel and give homemade jam a try.

No comments: