Thursday, June 11, 2009

Strawberry Cream Cake

I want to change the name of this cake to Summer Dessert Bliss. If you are looking for a slight variation to Strawberry Shortcakes, this Strawberry Cream Cake is definitlely the way to go.
The recipe is linked above, but here are a few quick steps. First mix up your strawberries and sugar so the strawberries have plenty of time to get juicy.

Mix up and bake your cake. I used a 9" pan because it is what I had.
This cake is more dry than a typical white cake, so it holds up really well to the stawberries and their juice. That being said, next time I make this cake, I am going to use 1.5 pounds of strawberries so I have a lot of juice to soak in to the cake.

Mix your whipping cream up in a mixer...a really great substitution I learned from Giada is to use powdered sugar instead of regular sugar when making whip cream. The result is a creamy, less grainy texture.
MMM...this was so good!

Please try this cake today! It is easy and so refreshing!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Looks so delicious. You know I LOVE strawberry shortcake. I've made this before and loved it!! I've tried using powered sugar and mine never turns out like the kind you made for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong??! Can you post the recipe of the cake you made for me right after I had Kate? It was SO good!!