Saturday, June 6, 2009

Mr. Reliable

So for two days last week, this was our only means of transportation...

Yep, that's right folks...one trusty bicycle. It is the only reliable "vehicle" we had last Tuesday and Wednesday. It is a funny story, our automobile plight of the last few months, but it is too long to type on my blog. I will say, we have had a few problems lately with the Honda starting, but we thought we had all of those issues resolved. Mr. Sweet got the motorcycle, but it has been sitting in the garage at his work, because it will not start, and he does not have a way to get it to the repair shop. And we have two bicycles. I had to be at work at 5 a.m. last Tuesday, and I went down to start the car at 4:50 am...It wouldn't start. This was the third time that has happened in a matter of months. The past two times, I had woken Mr. Sweet up, he rode the bike down to his work and borrowed their vehicle to run me down to work. Well, we weren't doing that again. I woke him up to say, "The car won't start. I am taking the bike to work." In case he should be worried about me as he is dreaming. So I peddled my little legs off and made it to work, only ten minutes late. Later when Mr. Sweet went to take the other bike to work, he noticed it had a flat tire! So he walked to work that morning. Needless to say, our Honda is fixed, and we are now the proud owners of another car. (more on that later) We also have a motorcylce up for sale, if you are looking. ;)

No comments: