Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cupcaking

I tried a new recipe for a cupcake I found over on Peabody...Tweaked a couple of things in the recipe...took out the blackberry puree, because I had none, and reduced the AP flour by a 1/2 cup to compensate for the puree removal. Let me just say, in my opinion, these were the best "white cake" cupcakes I have ever eaten. The texture was soft, and they were so moist. The key lime frosting was the crème de la crème of the cupcake, though. A perfect balance of tart and sweet which was well suited to the more subtle taste of the cupcake. I topped mine with blueberries, but any berry would be good. If you are in the mood for a spring treat, these are the way to go.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yum. They look delic and so pretty. Wish you still lived here so I could sample them. ;)

Anonymous said...

you are so beautiful.

-matty